Friday, October 28, 2011

hewould not cheat people! Total hits:



would not cheat people!





User Submitted Review

10


Just Brakes

Fired because I would not cheat people!
Just Brakes Complaint by Zeppelin5577

Article Index
Fired because I would not cheat people!
Page 2
You were reading a complaint about Just Brakes.

Filing a new complaint about
Page 1 of 2
I was a manager for Just Brakes for nine months, I was recently fired for not making enough money on each ticket that I sold. Basicaly it boils down to money. Thats what Just Brakes realy cares about. They are not interested in repairing a customers car, all they care about is how much money they can get each customer to spend. They tell you to sell hydrolic parts on every ticket even if they are not needed. They sell you parts that are the cheapest parts that they can find, and tell you that they are dealer quality. I was told by my training manager to take apart hydrolic components until you find a problem. If there is no problem sell the parts anyway. They even have competitions to see who can sell the most hydrolic repairs. I got into trouble for telling customers that they did not need any repairs made to their vehicles".

I have been a technician for 15 years, and have never heard of some of the things they tried to tell me to sell to customers/. Binding calipers no such thing, its the hardware that causes uneaven wear of the pads!. They threaten to fire you if you don't sell more than 99|.88 on every car that comes in the shop'.

They are the biggest rip off artists that I have ever seen;. The managers are told to look for things like car seats, or family pictures so that they can scare you into buying services;. They mention your kids and spouse riding in the car with unsafe brakes just to scare you into paying for things that you don't realy need:. They even have what they call the phone track, which everyone must memorize before the can even be considered for a management position. Everyone who answers the phone must know it, because you are not allowed to say anything over the phone that is not on the phone track. They even call from corporate office posing as customers to make sure you are going by the phone track. They take people off the streets who know nothing about working on cars to be the managers. They do this so that they can tell these people that they are realy selling customers things they need. However they are just lying to boost sales.

So take it from me, a former store manager who was fired for not being a good enough sales man, don't go to just brakes because they will rip you off. They even pay the service managers to sit inside the office and talk to the customers just to try and make friends with them, because this gains the customers trust and makes them more willing to spend money. All of the training that I recieved from Just Brakes involved selling eveything that you can to every customer that comes into the store even if they don't need any repairs at all. They also instruct managers to sell the repairs on a customers vehicle and then pull that car out and pull the next one in so that it can be sold before any work is started on any vehicles. "At Just Brakes We Realy Do Care!" but only about making money, as for the customer Just Brakes couldn't care less! 12ac768

0 7 0 Like this Dislike this Report spam Next Review »


Comments (14)

RSS comments
1. Written by Trucks are for girls!! on October 8, 2011

I needed front pads. Just brakes quoted me at 1300.00!!! I told them I would not pay that. They negotiated with me until they got the price down to 400.00!!! I laughed in their face and told them to put my truck back together. I took it to a mechanic referred by a co-worker. He fixed my brakes for 130.00!!! I will tell everyone I know in every form of communication I can what a true scam this 'company' is.
Report
2. Written by Brake Concerned on November 22, 2010

HI, I am in a precarious situation. I dropped off my car recently at Just Brakes and am now concerned about going through with the service. They machined the rotors and I am thinking about going through with the pads ONLY--do you think pads are ok? Will they damage my car? Should, or could, I just pay for the cost of machined rotors and go somewhere else with my old pads?
Report
3. Written by otisblzr@aol.com on August 10, 2010

I would love to shake your hand , as a former employee I could not have said it any better. don`t forget, 'may I ask whos calling please" lol what a joke.
Report
4. Written by John Doe on May 28, 2010

I too use to work for Just Brakes, I am a former employee, One thing that I can tell you is they ( like any company ) want to make money. They know how to fix cars. Yes do they make suggestions on how to fix the car absolutly. but the decision is ultimatly the customers.



O and to the duche bag from ASE. You can rebuild a caliper and save the customer money, you dont have to just replace it. In my opion just brakes does quality repair at an affordable price. just brakes can do all four wheels, rebuild all four calipers, replace hardware, and bleed the system for less then some places will replace pads for.



Look you cant please every one but in my time there I made a lot of lifetime customers. I feel sorry for any one who has a bad tast in there mouth.
Report
5. Written by James on March 31, 2010

I agree with article written. I was employeed with Just Brakes, and they are the most unethical company I have ever been associated with. They also have a double set of standards. I witnessed a customer being quoted over $600.00 for repairs, and the customer declined and wanted the $99.88, they told the customer to take his car and leave. I could not treat customers the way that they wanted you to.
Report
6. Written by David on January 2, 2010

Thanks for the heads up. I'll just take my car back to the dealer. I know I'll pay more but the parts will be OEM quality. Don't skim on tires and brakes.
Report
7. Written by pissed mechanic on December 27, 2009

stay away from any repair chains.midas,etc. they all use inferior parts,and only the parts are lifetime,not the labor.find a good independent shop,and there are plenty out there,or listen to all these b.s. wanna be tecs. been doing this,for 27 yrs and heard a lot of horror stories,and repaired a lot of them.and we like to be called mechanics,not tecs!
Report
8. Written by jeremiah702 on December 16, 2009

for Lanny, the most hillarious part of your horrible argument is the fact that you actually compare the test of a single company to the standardized testing of ASE which is a worldwide recognized accredidation. Also arguing the difference in pad thickness is irrelavent considering some pads are designed thicker inboard than outboard, thats almost as bad as arguing someone would need rear shoes because of the difference between a leading and trailing shoe. but i supposed since you are the just brakes expert here you know more than i do with my 20 yrs experience and ASE master tech certification.and the biggest flaw is saying a "caliper needs to be repaired" calipers dont get repaired anymore because it is more cost effective to just replace it. I'm just curious how telling a story about business practice reflects in any way someones technical knowledge of a vehicles brake system.your so quick to take a shot at this guy for informing the public of mistrust that you have exposed all the holes in your logic and obvious lack of technical knowledge or regard for the average consumer.

enjoy working for just brakes and i'll be waiting to see when the next irate customer decides to go postal and do the rest of us a favor by disposing of filth like just brakes employees!
Report
9. Written by boss lady1 on November 13, 2009

Thanks for the heads-up on just brakes. I was heading there to get my brakes dones. And with me owning an older vehicle, I know they would have done a lube job on me. I\'ll go back to Tony at Auto Tech.
Report
10. Written by boss lady1 on November 13, 2009

I've heard of the kind of things of that go on at garages, only the second biggest rip-off next to doctor's visit. Anyway, I live in Decatur, Ga and if you live the area, there are some guys located on Jonesboro Rd. at 285, call Auto Tech. They offer good service and the rates are pretty reasonable. They are on the same side as the BP in a blue building.

No comments: